Saturday, January 7, 2012

On The Blocking Mats: Critron




Critron

This is my finished and steam blocked Critron (crocheted version of Citron).  It was crocheted with 920 yds of Noro Sekku (lace wt) and all in single crochets!  I was a little disappointed with the way it turned out after steam blocking.  Of course, this was my first attempt at steam blocking..  So I decided to wet block and pin:


You can see after pinning, it opened up quite a bit.  However, my ruched rows are barely visible after pinning.  I hope that they scrunch back after taking the pins out.  I've seen many knitters write that they blocked their Citrons within an inch of it's life, so I sincerely hope that's the case.  If not, I'll re-wet and block much less aggressively.

This is my first completed project of 2012!  Now to finish the other 20 things I've got on the needles/hook.  ;p


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Well done! Good luck with the blocking.... lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job. I think it will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, that is gorgeous - and sounds very time consuming - single crochet on lace weight... sheesh, you're a better girl than me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Bookmark and Share

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.