Knitter's Pride is a NEW line of knitting needles available from WEBS! Available in fixed circular or interchangeable circular needles and in wood or nickel plated brass, Knitter's Pride needles are sure to provide an option for most knitters at an affordable price.
Kathy over at WEBS provided me with (1) each of the Knitter's Pride Dreamz and the Knitter's Pride Nova fixed circular needles to take for a test drive.
The Knitter's Pride Dreamz collection is WEBS premiere Birch wood knitting needle collection. I found the needles to have more drag than a nickel plated needle, but to be just as smooth as any wood needles I've knit with. As I knit with the Dreamz needles, I found the needles to be warm to the touch and have increased glide with use. The fixed needles (and it looks as though the interchangeable as well) have two join points: 1 between the needle shaft and the metal and another between the metal and the cord. I did have a slight drag issue over the join where the needle meets the metal, but only occasionally, and I suspect, because I am a very tight knitter. I had no snag issues with the needle shaft itself. The needles have a medium point tip that I had no issues knitting fingering weight yarn with. I found the cord to have a sturdy, fixed join and to perform well while knitting in the round with magic loop. The cord is pliable and flexible, but not floppy. The Dreamz needles have the size (in US & Metric) printed in white on the wood needle itself and also in black on the metal between the needle and the cord. I really like that the sizes are printed ON the needles! I also like that the wood needles come in a different color for each size. -Both are extremely helpful in nabbing the correct needle size quickly.
The Knitter's Pride Nova collection is WEBS premiere nickel-plated brass tipped knitting needle collection. The needles are slick and smooth, providing almost no drag and amazing glide. I found the needles to perform as well as Knit Picks Options and Addi Needles. The fixed (and interchangeable) needles have 1 join point - between the end of the needle and the cord. The needles have a medium point tip and the cord is the same as the Dreamz needles. I used the Nova circs to knit a worsted weight mitt in the round, via magic loop and have no issues whatsoever. The needles were a pleasure to work with. The needle sizes are printed in black on the needle shaft, making locating the correct needle size fast and easy.
Overall I really liked these needles. They are enjoyable to knit with and are exceptionally affordable.
- Knitter's Pride Dreamz Fixed Circular Needles (Avail. in US Sizes 0 - 11, 16", 24", 32", 40" & 47"): $7.99 - $12.99/each
- Knitter's Pride Dreamz Interchangeable Needles Tips (Avail. in US Sizes 4 -10 and 13, 15, and 17): $6.99 - $8.99/ea., Chunky Set (US Sizes 13, 15, 17): $34.99
- Knitter's Pride Dreamz Interchangeable Needle Set: $82.99
- Knitter's Pride Nova Fixed Circular Needles: $6.49 - 12.99/each
- Knitter's Pride Nova Interchangeable Needle Tips: $6.49 - $10.99/each
- Knitter's Pride Nova Interchangeable Needle Set: $69.99
WEBS is going to GIVEAWAY (1) Deluxe Set of the Knitter's Pride Interchangeable Knitting Needles to (1) LUCKY KPG reader!!!! The winner will get to choose if they prefer the Dreamz or the Nova set!
Psst - Check back tomorrow for a WEBS crochet hook review and giveaway!
- Participants must be 18 yrs old or older to enter.
- Participants must live in the US or Canada to enter.
- (1) Winner will be selected by random number generator and will receive (1) set of Knitter's Pride Deluxe Interchangeable Knitting Needles (Choice of Dreamz or Nova)
- Giveaway runs from 9/28/11 - 10/12/11, 11:59p EST
- Participants must provide an email address to be contacted if he/she wins. Email addresses will not be used for solicitation purposes.
- Visit WEBS Knitter's Pride Needles page. Have a peek around. Come back and leave a comment to let me know what item you're most interested in!
PLEASE leave each individual entry in a SEPARATE comment so that they all get counted by the random number generator. Your comments will not show up immediately as all comments are moderated.
OPTIONAL, Additional Entries: ( You may fulfill any, all, or none of these options.)
- Visit the WEBS Blog! Leave a comment to let WEBS know that KPG sent you! Come back and leave a comment to let me know which entry you posted under for an additional entry.
- "Like" WEBS Facebook Fan Page. Come back and let me know that you have for an additional entry.
- Follow WEBS on Twitter. Come back and let me know for an additional entry.
- Join the WEBS Ravelry Group! Come back and let me know that you have for an additional entry!
- Follow my blog! Leave a comment to let me know that you're a blog follower for an additional entry!
- Follow me on Twitter! Leave a comment to let me know that you follow me on Twitter for an additional entry!
- "Like" my Facebook Fan Page. Come back and leave me a comment to let me know that you have for an additional entry!
- Join my Ravelry group! Leave me a comment to let me know that you have for an additional entry!
- Tweet about it!
- "I just entered to win a set of Knitter's Pride Interchangeable Knitting Needles from @websyarnstore & @knitpurlgurl http://tinyurl.com/5t3du9e"
- You may tweet about it as many times as you like and each tweet may be counted as a separate entry as long as you come back and leave the link to your tweet every time you tweet for additional entries
- Blog about it! Write a blog post with a link to this giveaway in your blog post. Come back and leave 5 separate comments with your blog link in the first comment (ie Comment #1, Comment #2..) for FIVE additional entries!
Disclosure: WEBS provided KnitPurlGurl with (1) Pair of Knitter's Pride Nova Fixed Circular Knitting Needles and (1) Pair of Knitter's Pride Dreamz Fixed Circular Knitting Needles FREE for review. KnitPurlGurl was not compensated for the preceding post. All opinions expressed in the above review are those of the blog author's and do not necessarily reflect those of WEBS. Individual results may vary.