Umph, I've been in a slump. I worked on my Featherweight Cardi a bit this past week. But for the past several days I haven't felt like knitting. I've got several WIPs I should be working on, including a sample for the Walnut Grove shawl I designed. But for some reason, I've been disinterested in picking up the needles. So today, I decided I was going to crochet a baktus for a simple, mindless project that will whip up quickly and hopefully, pull me out of my knitting slump.
So I started the Crochet Baktus by Helda Panagary using Creatively Dyed Yarns' Calypso yarn in Tea Leaf Colorway (on a "G" hook). I love baktus shawls - they are simple and utilize texture and simple construction to create a beautiful and useful garment. I should be able to crank this puppy out in no time at all. Maybe then I'll be ready to CO my Walnut Grove sample!
MOD: The pattern is written in UK terminology. The pattern calls for dc(s), which would be sc(s) in US terminology. I felt the sc(s) made the fabric a little too stiff. So I decided to use US dc(s) or UK tc(s).