Hannah's List. Hannah's List is the latest of The Shop on Blossom Street Series books. And although I have indeed read the entire series, even those who have read only one, all, or none of the series will be able to enjoy this book. A great stand alone book, it mentions characters from previous books, but does not rely on them to tell the story. I found it to be a heart-warming book about love, loss, and new beginnings. Here's a synopsis of the book:
Giveaway Details & Rules:A grieving widower receives an unexpected gift of love from his late wife on the anniversary of her death in HANNAH’S LIST (MIRA Books, May 2010, $24.95 U.S /$27.95 CAN.), the emotionally powerful new novel by #1 New York Times bestselling author
Debbie Macomber. Connected to her bestselling Blossom Street books (SUMMER ON BLOSSOM STREET, TWENTY WISHES, BACK ON BLOSSOM STREET, SUSANNAH’S GARDEN, A GOOD YARN and THE SHOP ON BLOSSOM STREET) this story continues her moving exploration of the complex relationships among family and friends.
In the year since his wife, Hannah, passed away, Dr. Michael Everett has been inconsolable. Unable to carry on living any semblance of a normal life without her, Michael has avoided contact with friends and family and filled his empty days with work. So he’s shocked when his brother-in-law, Ritchie, hands him a letter Hannah had written before she died; apparently she’d instructed Ritchie to deliver it to Michael on the first anniversary of her death.
In it she reminds him of her love and makes one final request: she asks Michael to marry again and become the father he was meant to be. Knowing his reaction, Hannah gives him a gentle push by suggesting three women—each of whom, she says, would make an excellent wife and companion.
Michael’s heart isn’t in it, but he decides to carry out Hannah’s final wish by contacting each of the women. He soon discovers that he is not the only person dealing with a broken heart.
The first woman on Hannah’s list is her cousin, Winter Adams, owner of the French Café on Seattle’s Blossom Street. Winter is passionate about three things—food, cooking and fellow chef Pierre Dubois. But Winter and
—both uncompromising perfectionists—have had a stormy on-and-off relationship and are currently in the “off” phase. Winter’s miserable with and without Pierre. Maybe Michael will provide an alternative…? Pierre
Leanne Lancaster is the next woman on Hannah’s list. Leanne is the oncology nurse who cared for Hannah in her last months. Like Michael, she is coping with her own sense of loss over the dissolution of her marriage. Her husband, Mark, embezzled $25,000 from a charity organized by the hospital where Leanne works. With Mark sentenced to a prison term and unwilling to explain his actions to his wife, Leanne felt she had no option but to ask for a divorce. But what Leanne really needs most is closure. Without understanding his motives, Leanne is unable to reconcile with Mark or move on without him.
The final name on the list is Macy Roth. Macy is everything Michael is not—artistic, spontaneous, eccentric and always late for appointments. Hannah felt that Macy’s effervescent personality might encourage someone as serious as Michael to learn to laugh again. Macy is a collector of strays—cats, dogs and even people. Michael can’t believe Hannah added Macy to her list; the only way he’d fall for her is if opposites really do attract.
As he spends time with each woman, Michael realizes that Hannah’s list may end up saving four lives, not just one.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- a $50 Visa Gift Card to enjoy additional Debbie Macomber titles!
- AND a copy of Hannah's List
- Two Additional Winners will each receive one copy of Hannah's List!
- This giveaway is open to US residents, age 18 or older
- Each participant must include an email address so they can be contacted should they win
- Giveaway runs May 19 - June 2, 2010. 3 winners will be chosen via random number generator and announced June 3, 2010
- Leave me a comment to let me know what your fave Debbie Macomber book or series is. If you haven't yet read any of Debbie Macomber's books, leave me a comment to let me know which of her books or series you'd be interested in reading
- Follow my blog! Leave me a comment to let me know that you are a blog follower for an additional entry!
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know that you follow on Twitter for an additional entry!
- Tweet about it! Tweet about the giveaway with a link to this post in your tweet. Come back and leave me a comment with a link to your tweet for an additional entry. You may tweet as often as you like. Each tweet may be counted as an entry.
- Blog all about it! Write a blog post announcing the giveaway with a link to this post in your blog post for 5 additional entries. Come back and leave me 5 separate comments - 1 for each. Be sure to include the link to your blog in comment #1.
- Pop my blog button on your blog sidebar for an additional entry! Come back and leave a comment with a link to your blog so I can check it out!