- Purchased the Quadrille Knitted Lace Doily for this project.
- Knit using Magic Loop: US Size 5, 40 inch circulars (KnitPicks Options). I don't do DPNs. If you've never knit using Magic Loop where the end stitch of each half round is a YO - check out this video. It was helpful in making sure my YOs stayed put!
- Knit with KnitPicks' Palette in Cream.
- My project ended up being 7" on all sides after blocking. The designer's project was 8" on all sides. I went up 2 needle sizes to get the size I did. But the designer did say she is a very loose knitter and I am a very tight knitter. At any rate, the doily is meant to be a small doily and it works perfectly under my tea cup and saucer which is what I wanted it for.
- The project used about 50 yds. of fingering wt. yarn. So I could see how this would be TERRIFIC for left over sock or fingering weight yarn. A great way to use up yarn that you don't have enough of for other projects.
- The project knit up SO fast and is perfect for lace beginners. This would be a terrific last minute gift. Knit up a Quadrille doily and package it with a vintage tea cup and saucer and some tea for Mother's Day or any gift giving occasion.
- I blocked mine a little differently than the designer blocker hers. But since I did not allow for extra sc(s) in the corners, this shape worked well! So even mistakes can be worked out to produce a beautiful product.