My grandma was a breast cancer survivor for 13 years. Just a few weeks ago, she lost her battle with cancer (cancer that had stemmed from uterine cancer she was diagnosed with in 2008). And in her honor, I'd love to reach out to the knitting community and find out what everyone is knitting or crocheting to honor breast cancer survivors or to just further the cause of breast cancer awareness.
If you have blogged something you've knit or crocheted OR blogged a breast cancer awareness pattern you designed and would like to share - please link up. (These can be projects/designs from past years.)
For those of you, like myself, looking for a pattern to knit, I've compiled a list of some great free patterns - so check 'em out!
- Breast Cancer Awareness Scarf by Classic Elite Yarns
- Pink Ribbons Breast Cancer Awareness Socks by Lisa Lloyd Designs
- Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Washcloth
- Breast Cancer Awareness Coffee Sleeve (Must be a member of Ravelry to view)
- Pink Ribbon Hat
- Breast Cancer Awareness Illusion Knit Cloth
- Breast Cancer Prayer Shawl
- Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon
- Breast Cancer Awareness Scarf (Must be a member of Ravelry to view)
- Crochet Coffee Cozy
I'm also going to dye some yarn in honor of breast cancer awareness month. I'll be sure to blog it!
THINK PINK in October!