Book Title: Feminine Knits by Lene Holme Samsoe
Publisher: Interweave Press
Approx. Price: $22.95
Length: 127 Pages
Number of Patterns: 22
Pattern Presentation: Written and Charts
Difficulty of Patterns: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate Knitting
Feminine Knits by Lene Holme Samsoe is a gorgeous collection of sweater patterns (and more) of the female persuasion. With 22 patterns in this book, you're sure to find something that catches your eye. Samsoe's patterns are very well written and clearly presented complete with notes, stitch guides for unusual or complicated stitches used in her patterns, full color pictures, and pattern illustrations. Samsoe mingles classic sweater patterns with feminine touches to provide the knitter with stunning yet classic pieces for her wardrobe.
Some of the features I enjoyed most about this book were:
- I found a pattern for nearly every women in my life in this book. From tanks, to shawls, to scarves, to jackets - there is something in here for everyone.
- I was very impressed with the time she took to add the illustrations complete with measurements. As a newbie sweater knitter, I've shied away from a lot of sweater books because they seemed written only for seasoned sweater knitters. I felt equipped to tackle the patterns in this book based on all of the information she provides.
- I really loved the timeless pieces in this book.
- I enjoyed how even the most bulky sweater pattern in this book still has feminine flair.
- There are patterns for every season in this book. So it's not a book I'll only pick up in the winter months.
Personally, this is a book I can see myself knitting a sweater from. It has gorgeous patterns I would not only enjoy wearing and certainly knitting, but patterns that I CAN knit. That's a big plus. I really liked that she worked with so many different fibers, weights, and details. I truly cannot wait to cast on some of these projects.
My Favorite Patterns From This Book: Lace Scarf, Flower Jacket, and Bolero