Book Title: Classic Knits: Marianne Isager Collection
Publisher: Interweave Press
Approx. Price: $24.95
Length: 182 Pages
Number of Patterns: 21
Pattern Presentation: Written and Charts
Difficulty of Patterns: Advanced - Intermediate Knitting
Classic Knits: Marianne Isager Collection is a book of knitwear designed by traditional Danish designer, Marianne Isager. Not only a pattern book, it's a resource of knitting techniques utilized in Isager's patterns. Isager blends classic knitwear looks with modern accents to provide garments that are as timeless and functional as they are beautiful. With patterns for every member of the family, this book is sure to become a staple in any knitter's library.
Some of the features I enjoyed most about this book were:
- Isager's attention to the small details. Some of her patterns might seem plain upon first glance. But upon further investigation, one would note the small details which make the garment 'pop' but keep it classic as well.
- Isager designs garments that have minimal finishing - a plus for a busy knitter. (Or someone like myself who hates the finishing part.)
- She includes explanations of some of the knitting techniques used in her patterns such as color stranding, double knitting, slip stitch, and herringbone
- She includes a picture of each gauge swatch. (I was immensely impressed by this.)
- The full-color pictures are gorgeous and really highlight the design of each garment.